Men's Services: Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
The Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse program provides help for male survivors of sexual abuse, both recent and historical. The program is the first of its kind in Canada and is delivered by agencies across the province.
Approximately one in six men will experience sexual abuse in their lifetime. If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual abuse, you are not alone and there is help available.
Male survivors of sexual abuse have access to a number of specialized services to help them deal with the impact of abuse, including:
- individual and group counselling
- peer support
- telephone and online counselling
- referrals to other appropriate community support services to meet other long-term needs that clients may have
Survivors also have access to a 24-hour, multilingual, toll-free phone line for immediate crisis and referral services at 1-866-887-0015.
Read what male survivors have said about the help they've received:
- I've stopped blaming myself for the sexual abuse I survived when I was a child.
- My relationships with my family and friends have improved enormously.
- I don't feel so alone any more.
- For the first time in years I can manage my emotions when I'm dealing with negative situations.
- Thank you. The help of this program has given me hope for the future.