Criminal Injuries Compensation Board
The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB) is here to help. Our goal is to provide support to victims in a timely and compassionate manner. If you are a victim of violent crime in Ontario, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
Victims can apply to CICB for compensation at any stage of the criminal justice process. You may be eligible if:
- You have been injured as a result of a violent crime committed in Ontario. (e.g. assault, sexual assault, criminal harassment, etc.)
- You are caring for a victim of crime and suffered a loss of income or garnered expenses as a result of the victim’s injury or death.
- You are the dependant of a deceased victim (in the case of murder).
- You were injured while trying to prevent a crime or while helping a police officer make an arrest.
Where appropriate, CICB can award compensation for a number of expenses, including:
- Medical, dental and therapy
- Funeral and burial
- Legal services
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income or support.
For more information, including how to apply, please contact CICB at: