Head Office Telephone Guide
When you call the Toronto Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee, this is what you’ll hear on the main menu during business hours:
If you know the extension you wish to reach, please enter it now. The extension number is the last five digits of the phone number.
You now have 9 choices, please listen to them carefully. If you wish to return to the main menu at any time, press the Star Key *.
- If you are a financial guardianship client of the Public Guardian and Trustee or are calling about someone who is a client, press 1
- To obtain a power of attorney kit or general information about guardianship and living wills, press 2
- To contact the Treatment Decisions Unit to request a decision about medical treatment, admission to long-term care, or to reach the person handling a specific referral, press 3.
- To contact the Capacity Assessment Office, obtain a list of capacity assessors or to find out how to arrange a capacity assessment, press 4
- To report a situation where you believe that the OPGT may need to become the guardian of property or personal care for a mentally incapable adult to protect that person from serious harm, press 5
- To contact our Estates Department, press 6
- To contact our Legal Branch concerning an existing case or to inquire about the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee's role as litigation guardian or legal representative, press 7
- To contact our Charitable Property Program, press 8
- To contact the Accountant of the Superior Court of Justice, press 9
For all other matters, press 0