The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT)
Due to the ongoing labour disruption at Canada Post, documents or forms (including invoices and cheques) can be sent to the Office of the Public Guardian by email, fax, courier, or in person.
To learn how and where to pick up or deliver documents please call our toll-free number at 1-800-366-0335.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) is part of Ontario's Ministry of the Attorney General.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (OPGT) is committed to improving accessibility for our clients with disabilities and we welcome feedback about how we are doing in this regard. Read the details on our policy and feedback mechanism respecting service to people with disabilities.
The OPGT plays a role in:
- protecting mentally incapable people
- protecting the public's interest in charities
- searching for heirs for estates which the OPGT administers
- investing perpetual care funds
- dealing with dissolved corporations
- What the OPGT does
- Compensation agreements relating to estates administered by the OPGT
- Brochures and forms
- Office locations and contact information
- Fees for services
- Service Standards
- Feedback and Complaint Policy