Preparing for the Bilingual Court Interpreting Test
The bilingual court interpreting test is administered to interpreter candidates in the following languages:
- Cambodian / Khmer
- Filipino / Tagalog
If your language does not appear on this list, return to the main page and click on: "Preparing for the English Court Interpreting Test"
To make the best use of the practice exercises you will need the following:
- A computer with Internet access equipped with Adobe Acrobat Reader or a similar program. This will allow you to prepare for the Bilingual Exam by accessing the Bilingual Test Preparation manual and the digital audio files. If you want to print the manual, you will also need a printer.
- An audio recorder such as a cassette tape recorder, a minidisk recorder or a Dictaphone type of dictation machine, either tape or digital, which you will use to record your practice exercises.
- One headset with microphone (or earphones and separate microphone) which will allow you to listen to the audio files and record your voice at the same time.
If you have continuous access to a computer, you can listen to the audio files through the computer.
If you do not have access to a computer when you want to practice, you will need an audio CD player. You may obtain a CD and a printed copy of the manual from the Ministry of the Attorney General.
- Section 1 Introduction
- Section 2 Glossary
- Section 3 Overview
- Section 4 The Bilingual Interpreting Test
- Section 5 Sight Translation
- Section 6 Consecutive Interpreting
- Section 7 Simultaneous Interpreting
- Section 8 Grading of the Test
- Section 9 Tips for Taking the Test
- Section 10 Practice Exercises
Download the audio files for the practice exercises
Please note that the audio files are not available in French because the interpreter testing will only be done in English.
Click on the link to hear the exercises OR right click on the link, then click "Save files as..." to download the files to your computer
- Consecutive Interpreting - Exercise #7
- Consecutive Interpreting - Exercise #8
- Consecutive Interpreting - Exercise #9
- Simultaneous Dialogue - Exercise #10
- Simultaneous Dialogue - Exercise #11
- Simultaneous Dialogue - Exercise #12
- Simultaneous Monologue - Exercise #13
- Simultaneous Monologue - Exercise #14
- Simultaneous Monologue - Exercise #15