Family Law Information Centres (FLICs)
ALERT: Family Law Information Centre services are offered online. Contact your local service provider for more information. In-person services at court locations are currently unavailable.
FLIC services are available in family courts across Ontario. At the FLIC you can find information about separation and divorce and related family law issues, family justice services, alternative forms of dispute resolution, local community resources and court processes.
Information and Referral Coordinators (IRCs) are available at designated times to help you understand your needs and to make referrals to appropriate services. IRCs can give you information about family mediation and other ways to solve your issues without going to court.
See the listing of FLIC offices throughout Ontario.
Each family court location has the following resources and services available:
- pamphlets and other publications on issues related to separation and divorce and child protection matters, including What You Should Know About Family Law in Ontario (available in 9 languages)
- the Ministry's Guide to Family Procedures
- information about legal services, the court process and court forms
- at designated times, an Advice Lawyer from Legal Aid Ontario who can provide summary legal advice
- at certain times an Information and Referral Coordinator who will provide information on alternative dispute resolution options, issues related to separation and divorce and community resources
- referrals to family mediation services connected with the court
- information about and scheduling for the Mandatory Information Program.
Your feedback is important to the Ministry of the Attorney General. The ministry has established online, confidential client satisfaction surveys for Family Law Information Centres (FLICs), Family Mediation Services and the Mandatory Information Program (MIP). Each survey should take less than five minutes to complete and will help the ministry improve its services. Click on the appropriate link below to access the surveys: