Family Law involves all
legal issues that can be dealt with in a family
- What you should
know about Family Law (available in 9 languages)
- The booklet contains information about the laws that may
affect you if you separate. Includes the care and support of
your children, support for you or your spouse, and division of
- Family Law
Information Centres (FLICs)
- An area in each family courthouse where you can receive
free information about divorce, separation and related family
law issues (child custody, access, support, property division
and child protection) and referrals to community resources.
has a variety of publications available addressing these
issues, as well as guides to court procedures. Staff and Advice
Lawyers are also available at designated hours
- Family Law
Resources in Ontario (Community Legal Education Ontario)
- This booklet contains a directory of legal resources, information and referral sources.
- Resource List
- Extensive list of books and websites for adults and children covering separation and divorce, parenting, emotional and financial issues. Includes age appropriate reading suggestions and interactive websites.
- Your Legal Rights (Community Legal Education Ontario)
- A website with practical, easy to find legal information on a variety of topics.
- Family Law Information Program (Legal Aid Ontario)
- Legal and practical information on family law topics in an easy to follow format.
- Understanding the
family court system in Ontario
- A quick introduction to the different types of courts and
- Guide to Procedures in Family Court
- This guide provides steps to follow when going to court, including which forms must be completed, procedures when attending court and how to take steps in court cases.
- Notice to Public: Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings form now available online NEW
- Guides to Motions to Change
- Restraining Order - A Self-Help Guide
- Parenting Affidavits - A Self-Help Guide
- Money to be paid in to or out of court in family cases - A Self-Help Guide
Family Court Addresses
- How to get
a copy of a Divorce Order, Certificate of Divorce or other
Legislation and forms
- Family Law –
- Contains links to on-line versions of important family law
Family Law Rules
- The regulation that sets out the procedures to be followed
in all family courts in Ontario
Family Law Rules Forms
- Electronic versions of forms under the Family Law
Feedback regarding the Mandatory Information Program, Family Law Information and Mediation Services
The Ministry has established an on-line confidential client satisfaction survey which should take less than five minutes to complete. Click here to take the survey.