Part Two Report of the Walkerton Commission of Inquiry
The Part Two Report of the Walkerton Commission of Inquiry -- containing recommendations for the future safety of drinking water in Ontario -- was received by the Attorney General on May 23, 2002 and has been posted to this web site. The full report can be accessed at the links below.
In addition, the Part Two Report has been printed.
For information about obtaining a printed copy of the report, please contact Publications Ontario.
- CHAPTER 1 - AN OVERVIEW - (501 KB)
- CHAPTER 2 - GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT OF THE DELIVERY OF DRINKING WATER: INTRODUCTION - (853 KB)
- CHAPTER 3 - A MULTI-BARRIER APPOACH TO DRINKING WATER SAFETY - (221 KB)
- CHAPTER 4 - THE PROTECTION OF DRINKING WATER SOURCES - (959 KB)
- CHAPTER 5 - DRINKING WATER QUALITY STANDARDS - (500 KB)
- CHAPTER 6 - DRINKING WATER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGIES - (659 KB)
- CHAPTER 7 - DRINKING WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS - (344 KB)
- CHAPTER 8 - MONITORING AND MEASUREMENT - (215 KB)
- CHAPTER 9 - THE ROLE OF LABORATORIES - (287 KB)
- CHAPTER 10 - THE ROLE OF MUNICIPAL GOVERNMENTS - (712 KB)
- CHAPTER 11 - THE MANAGEMENT OF MUNICIPAL WATER SYSTEMS - (550 KB)
- CHAPTER 12 - THE CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING OF OPERATORS - (345 KB)
- CHAPTER 13 - THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT ROLE IN OVERSEEING DRINKING WATER SYSTEMS - (836 KB)
- CHAPTER 14 - SMALL DRINKING WATER SYSTEMS - (163 KB)
- CHAPTER 15 - FIRST NATIONS - (209 KB)
- CHAPTER 16 - THE PROCESS OF PART 2 OF THE INQUIRY - (169 KB)
Appendix A - An Interjurisdictional
Comparison of Water Quality Standards - (121 KB)
List of Abbreviations - (84 KB)
Index - (447 KB)