Ministry of the Attorney General
Have you received a jury questionnaire in the mail? Find out more about the jury process.
The ministry is working with key justice partners to improve access to justice across Ontario.
An interactive tool to help you find the location of your nearest courthouse, types of court held at that location, contact information, directions and available accessibility features.
News More News
New Judges Appointed to the Ontario Court of Justice
Ontario has appointed three new judges to the Ontario Court of Justice, effective December 2, 2015.
Tentative Settlement Reached in Developmental Facilities Class Action
Ontario and counsel for the plaintiff in a class action lawsuit that includes 12 former residential facilities for people with developmental disabilities have reached a tentative agreement.
Ontario Passes Law to Protect Freedom of Expression
Today Ontario passed an act that protects freedom of speech on matters of public interest.
Nominations are now open for the 2016 Attorney General’s Victim Services Awards of Distinction, which recognizes the exceptional achievements of dedicated professionals and volunteers in the field of victim services, as well as the important work of individual victims..
If you are a former resident of the Huronia, Rideau or Southwestern Regional Centres you may be eligible to apply for financial compensation. Learn more.
On an interim basis, Civil Marriage Act divorce applications for non-residents married in Ontario will be accepted at any family counter of the Superior Court of Justice. Learn more.
- Civil Cases - Suing and being sued
- Small Claims Court
- Jury Duty
- Separation and divorce
- Becoming a justice of the peace
- Find a lawyer using Legal Aid
- Powers of Attorney
- Commissioner for Taking Affidavits and Non-Lawyer Notary Public Appointments
- Dog owner liability / pit bulls
- Online system for traffic and other infractions – public consultation
- Publications and Reports
- Glossary of Terms
- French Languages Services
- Expert Review of the Construction Lien Act
- Five Year Review of Paralegal Regulation in Ontario
- Articling Opportunities
- Court Interpreters
- Anti-SLAPP Advisory Panel
- Update on G20 Prosecutions
- Tobacco Litigation: Frequently Asked Questions